I can’t believe it’s been over a year since Arianna and I embarked on the #tdsbEd Twitter Chat adventure! Our goal has been to connect, share and learn with other TDSB Educators because we know that as teachers our best resource is one another!
Throughout the past year, we’ve hosted #tdsbEd chats on a variety of relevant topics and subjects areas and many amazing resources, ideas and thoughts have been shared. Along with the sharing came connecting and building relationships that we may not have made outside the realm of Twitter. All of the chats have been archived on our website here.
On Thursday, April 6th we Celebrated #tdsbEd’s 1st Birthday with a live face-to-face gathering & Twitter Chat at the TDSB Board Office. It was such a great way to celebrate and meet the “tweeps” we had only (for the most part) communicated with online virtually! A huge thank you to Peter Singh & Carlo Di Felice for supporting us with this celebration and for supplying the location, food and refreshments!
Thank you to everyone who has made #tdsbEd Twitter Chat what it is today, especially our guest moderators and participants who make it great!
Here’s a list of all of the #tdsbEd Twitter Chats from the past year:
- Spring’s Here! Get Active – 20/4/17
– Guest moderator George Kourtis @HPE_TDSB
- #tdsbEd Turns 1! – Celebrating 1 Year of Connecting, Sharing & Learning Together – 6/4/17
- Teaching with Tech – 23/3/17
- The Arts – 9/3/17
- Sketchnoting with Sylvia Duckworth – 23/2/17
– Guest moderator Sylvia Duckworth @SylviaDuckworth
- Picture Books To Spark Innovation – 9/2/17
- There’s More to G Suite Edu – 26/1/17
- Goal Setting & The Work-Life Balance – 12/1/17
- Engaging Learners in Mathematics – 15/12/16
- Inquiry in the Classroom – 1/12/16
– Special guest Trevor MacKenzie @trev_mackenzie
- Coding in the Classroom – 17/11/16
– Guest moderator Biran Aspinall @MrAspinall
- French as a Second Language – 3/11/16
– Guest moderator Deborah Zamin @D_Zamin
- Blogs & Classroom Websites – 20/10/16
- Assessment & Evaluation – 6/10/16
- Differentiation – 22/9/16
– Guest moderators Holly Sharpe @HollyinTO & Lori Moore @LoriMoore674
- Back to School – Building the Classroom Community – 8/9/16
- Digital Portfolios for Students & Teachers – 11/8/16
- Digital Tools for Teachers – 14/7/16
- Professional Learning in the Summer – 30/6/16
- The Library – Your Connection to Amazing Resources – 16/6/16
– Guest moderator Lisa Radha Weaver @TDSBLibrary
- #GAFE in the Classroom & Schools – 2/6/16
- Digital Citizenship – 19/5/16
– Guest moderator Diana Hale @dianahalezoux
- Mindfulness in Schools – 5/5/16
- STEAM & the Maker Movement – 21/4/16
- Innovation in Education – 7/4/16
- Teaching & Learning with Technology – 29/3/16
During one of our recent #tdsbEd Twitter Chats, we introduced a fun #TwitterDemoSlam where participants shared a quick tech tip or trick in 140 characters.
Check them all out using the hashtag #TwitterDemoSlam!
We look forward to continuing to grow the #tdsbEd Twitter Chat family and PLN. Collaborating, connecting and communicating make a difference to transform teaching and learning!
If you would like to contribute ideas for future chat topics please fill in this form.